This artists book consists of two miniature, triangular concertina books which fit together to slide into a numbered slipcase. One book, “Day”, exhibits a positive linocut image of a fern. The other, “night”, houses the same image as a negative linocut.
- This pair of books are printed by hand burnishing two separate linocut blocks using an old, repurposed doorknob.
- Caligo Safewash ink has been used to reduce the usage of chemicals in the printmaking process with consideration towards the environmental impact of printmaking.
- The protective sleeve is made from thick (300gsm) Magnani Pescia and finished off with a letraset number.
- The books are each protected with complimentary white and black board covers.
- The folded books fit into a slipcase measuring 4.5 x 5 x 0.7 cm
- Due to the handmade nature of the printing process every print has slight variations making each unique.