This print is created using a Collagraph plate. Collagraph stems from the word “collage” and refers to a plate created in relief by cutting into a plate (in this case a sheet of mount board) and/or building up texture by adding material to a plate creating a textured surface to print from. The ink collected in the deepest parts of the plate print darker than those in the lightest parts so printing with just one colour can create a variety of tones and textures.
- Printed on 250gsm Somerset Satin acid-free printmaking paper.
- Printed using Akua Etching printmaking ink.
- With deckled edges, the print looks beautiful when float mounted.
- The paper size measures approximately 20 x 25 cm.
- This print has been printed on my antique etching press.
- It has been numbered and signed by the artist.
- This print is part of a small edition of only ten prints (I cannot guarantee which number of the edition you will receive).
- This print is sold unframed allowing you the flexibility to find the perfect frame to suit your home.
- Due to the handmade nature of the printing process every print has slight variations making each unique.
Please note, props used are for illustrative purposes only.